What is SG Management (Schulman Group)?
- We are an innovative, member-owned orthodontic Dental Support Organization (DSO,) whose members represent the top 2 percent of orthodontists practicing in the United States
- We offer members the advantages of a DSO while preserving independent practice ownership
- A unique business model comprised of independent practice owners who use collective purchasing power to provide member shareholders with competitive pricing and services through over 22 preferred supplier agreements
- SG Management chooses to work with progressive industry leaders that deliver state-of-the-art goods and services of greatest benefit to Schulman members
- Membership fees include core practice and staff management tools
Leaders in the Orthodontic Specialty
According to Gaidge, the leading provider of practice analysis metrics for orthodontists, KPIs (key performance indicators) reported by Schulman Group members always exceed the U.S. national average (from 2019):
- Net Production – 22% higher
- Net Collections – 26% greater
- New Patient Starts – 15% more
- Exams – 17% greater
Success through Sharing
Schulman members freely share practice management and clinical insights as they exercise “Excellence Through Sharing." It was this philosophy that attracted new Board member Dr. Sean Holliday. He attributes his personal and professional growth since joining the Schulman Group to his ability to request advice on clinical and non-clinical topics from other members, who are, as he says, “some of the sharpest minds in orthodontics.”
Members continue to “run their own shops,” emphasizes Robert James Bray, DDS, MS, the Schulman Group’s chairman and CEO. “We fully support each member’s
commitment to doing the best job they can, to do the job as they see fit, and do it efficiently.”
Since the Schulman Group became a DSO, more than 20 new orthodontists have become members. The organization continues to grow, offering an impressive
suite of unique membership benefits. The Schulman Group makes it possible for each member “…to be an excellent clinician and an excellent businessperson,”
Dr. Bray observes.
To learn more about the Schulman advantage, please CONTACT US or complete an online membership application -
BECOME A MEMBER.